In recent years, Pilates has become a popular addition to traditional training programmes. Whether you’re a professional or just taking up a new sport, Pilates offers an effective and controlled workout to improve athletic performance. Pilates approaches the body as a ‘whole’, introducing full range of movement and encouraging postural awareness.
With Pilates for Sport, you will:
- Greatly improve core strength and hip stability
- Address muscular imbalance, common in one-handed sports like golf, tennis and squash
- Prevent injury and muscle tightness
- Reduce lower back pain
- Learn correct breathing techniques
CREW Pilates is passionate about:
- Training amateur cyclists, including applied postural awareness on the bike
- Tailored stretching and strengthening to complement triathlon training
- Endurance and long-distance trail running
- Pilates for men
Training Cogs4Cancer riders:
CREW Pilates has recently joined the Cogs4Cancer support team, as 36 cyclists achieve their goal of cycling 1,400km from London to Antibes in October 2017. All money raised goes to cancer charity. Read more and get involved with Cogs4Cancer: http://cogs4cancer.org
Training TEAM SCANDI:
CREW Pilates is proud to train the riders of Team Scandi, two competitive cyclists who achieved a Top 100 position in The Cape Epic in March 2016. The gruelling eight-day MTB stage race brought together 1,200 aspiring amateur and professional athletes from around the world.